FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

The material in this question and answer series is for your information only. It is not legal advice and is not designed to be used in place of legal advice. You should consult your own attorney for legal advice. The St. Joseph Legal Department provides this series to provide a general summary of procedures concerning violations of city ordinances in the City of St. Joseph, Missouri. It is issued to inform generally, not to advise of specific rights. As with any general information, the answers given here may not specifically apply to you.
What do I do if my neighbor has a code violation?
If you believe there are conditions on any property in town that might constitute a code violation, call 816-271-5342 to report the property address and a description of the problem to the property maintenance division. An inspector will investigate the report and if a violation does exist, notify the property owner that the conditions must be corrected.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do if my neighbor has a code violation?
2. What are the inspection and notification procedures?
3. What are the billing and abatement procedures?
4. What are your summons procedures?