An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Human Resources Department tests periodically throughout the year and establishes an eligibility-hiring list based on final results achieved by individuals whom apply.
Missouri Blue Scholarship
The Missouri Blue Scholarship
is a law enforcement basic training academy scholarship that makes $5,000 available for each selected non-sponsored* law enforcement academy recruit to help cover the cost of attending a Missouri basic training academy. The law enforcement academy recruit must apply for the scholarship before enrolling in an academy (or before graduation if scholarship funds are still available).
*A non-sponsored law enforcement academy recruit is one whose tuition is not being paid by a law enforcement agency. Recruits who attend an academy affiliated with a law enforcement agency and do not pay tuition are not eligible for this scholarship.
Governor Mike Parson included, and the Missouri General Assembly, approved a total of $1 million in Missouri Blue Scholarship funding in the Fiscal Year 2022-23 budget.
The $5,000 scholarship is paid directly to the law enforcement academy.
- Missouri Blue Scholarships are awarded first come, first served.
- Must be a Missouri resident.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be 21 or older on date recruit takes the Missouri POST license examination.
- Missouri Blue Scholarship recipients' training academy class must begin by June 1, 2023.